This is a professional role which forms an essential part of the overall Camp America application process. As a Camp America Interviewer you will be responsible for the pre-screening of potential applicants during a 45-60 minute interview.
After the interview, you will be asked to complete a detailed report on the applicant within one week of the interview taking place. You will be responsible for ensuring that all/any paperwork pertaining to the individual’s application is completed to deadline and you will remain the point of contact for the applicant, throughout the Camp America application process.
You will need to be available between August and March as this is the peak time for summer camp recruitment.
Camp America Interviewers are employed on a consultancy basis and act as the first point of contact between Camp America and our potential applicants, therefore the following qualities are essential to the position of Interviewer.
• Highly professional approach
• Comply with Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy
• Effective communication skills
• Have a full knowledge of the program and its’ numerous options
• Ability to be the “face” of Camp America to the public
• Have an enthusiasm and interest for international cultural exchange programs
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Be inquisitive and resourceful with strong internet communication skills
• Show exceptional follow-through initiative and dependability
• Have a flexible schedule
• Pass a background check
• Effective pre-screening including Child Protection and Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults (Safer Recruitment practice)
• Advising the applicant which programme is most suitable
• Carrying out the interview according to Camp America interview guidelines
• Maintain complete professionalism at all times
• Writing an informative and detailed report
• Submitting high quality and accurate applications to your local office, including references, certificates & police checks
• Liaising with your local office when support is needed
• Receiving frequent updates from your local office about policy, events and programme changes
• Remaining a point of contact for the applicants throughout the application process
• Complete all paper work to Camp America’s predefined deadlines