Photos for Embassy Appointment

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Photos for Embassy Appointment

by rosemary4894 » 21 May 2014, 22:16

My photo was accepted online for my Visa application with no issue, however the photo needed at the actual Embassy appointment needs to be 2x2 inches, which my current uploaded one is not.
Is it acceptable to take another photo (which will inevitably differ from my original one that I uploaded online) or does it have to be the same photo?

Re: Photos for Embassy Appointment

by hannah4546 » 22 May 2014, 00:20

I don't think a different photo will be a problem. There's a photo machine at the embassy near the interview windows so it must be acceptable to take a picture there - which obviously wouldn't be the same as one you uploaded. Last year it was possible to submit the DS160 without uploading a photo so I don't think they'll mind if the photo you take to your appointment isn't the same as the one you uploaded.

I hope you don't have to spend too long travelling and waiting around to get your visa granted. In my experience (having gone to the embassy twice in the last two years) the interactions you have with embassy staff seem to get more and more relaxed as you progress through the different stages inside the embassy. By the time you get to your interview (which is where they actually ask you about your photo) it's more like a quick chat than anything else. Just make sure you have all the paperwork with you and you'll be fine :)

by rosemary4894 » 22 May 2014, 09:02

Thank you :D that does make sense, I just hated the idea of being turned down for something so small! You never know with these type of things. Thank you for the info though :)

by hannah4546 » 22 May 2014, 09:49

No problem :)