E-mail contact

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

E-mail contact

by seonagh2561 » 07 May 2012, 16:28

Hi I was hoping someone could answer my question here. . .

I have been contacted via my personal e-mail account yesterday by a camp is this normal? There is nothing on my CA application section of the website as it is a tentative contact. The camp is wanting me to make contact with them which I have done via e-mail again and setting up a phone call to have a chat.

The other thing is that in the e-mail he stated that the arrival date would hopefully be the 21st of May, surely that isn't enough time to pay the last of my money, get my visa, medical insurance and book flights?

I would be very grateful if someone could get back to me :)

Re: E-mail contact

by zoe7677 » 07 May 2012, 17:32

Yes - a camp can contact you in this way without any indication of it on your CAD. Details only go on CAD once they are confirmed. The first I heard from my camp last year was a call to my mobile!!!

You should have a chat with the camp as planned and see what they say. Camp America will sort out your flights etc but you would need to pay the balance of your money immediately upon being placed. The main issue could be your visa and it's worth discussing with the camp what would happen if your visa didn't get back in time for the 21st. Would they be prepared for you to fly out as soon as it has been received back and what would be the last possible date you could join them.

Concentrate on getting the place first and then speak to CA about the logistics and if it's possible.

Best of Luckz

Re: E-mail contact

by seonagh2561 » 07 May 2012, 17:39

Hi :) thanks for getting back to me.

I have scheduled a chat with them at 8pm tonight as we are 6 hours ahead. I have a list of questions I keep adding to, you have added another, thanks for that too!

Seonagh