CAMP RAQUETTE LAKE anybody?

Discuss where you've been placed, what type of camp it is, where it is...EVERYTHING about your camp or resort.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps

CAMP RAQUETTE LAKE anybody?

by Sophie3362 » 20 Mar 2008, 17:18

Hi there, i've scrolled through all the topics and found none about raquette lake.. beginning to wonder whether i'm on my own!!
I fly out on the 19th of June from London.. just wondering who's off to the same place as me!

Sophie - Durham. xx :D

by James4144 » 07 Apr 2008, 14:55

Hey!!!

I'm going too!!! just found out, its my first year on camp ANYWHERE!! im heading out on the 18th of june from london.

what is everybody else doing out there, apparently im going to be a sailing / mountain biking instructor / counceller. can anyone tell me how this place runs if everybody is a counciller or are there kind of seperate roles for insturctors and councillers????? :?

by Sophie3362 » 07 Apr 2008, 22:49

Hey!! glad to find someone else going .. finally!!
the main bloke should send u some emails shortly with loads of info about the place and the forms you need to fill in and send. looks like an absolutely fantastic camp.... its my 1st year going anywhere as well!
if you go on the camp raquette website and through the boys camp section and into 'forms' there should be a pdf of the boys camp handbook guide thingy.. that is really useful.. theres so much stuff they do with the kids!!
i'm a waterski instructor/councillor on the girls side.. i fly out on the 19th june from heathrow.
if you have facebook (if not you should join) theres a few groups for our camp... for the staff of 2008. all the top official main staff people are on that too and you can leave them messages and get advice about anything on there.. its really useful.

my email is [email protected] if you want to get in contact on msn or whatever.. i have loads of documents of info about the place that i can send you coz i'm already friends with a few of the ppl in charge! i'm in new zealand at the moment though so i wont be around much for the next 2 weeks!

hope that helps....

sophie xx :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Sophie3362 » 07 Apr 2008, 22:52

oh... and you'll be a instructor during the day (appart from your day off) but you will be assigned to a bunk (room of kids) with a couple of other councillors and when you are not teaching.. your supposed to be with your bunk.. n thats where you sleep aswell. so your sort of both a teacher and a councellor.... its gna be FAB!
once a week is 'trip day' aswell.. n the kids get taken off on trips.. i think we get to go on them too.... depending on which bunk your in.
just make sure u get on the website and fill in the forms.. coz you sort of get a say of which agegroup of kids you'd like to work with etc :D xxxxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Carys5107 » 22 Apr 2008, 17:21

Hey guys!!! I just got placed today to be a lifeguard and teach swimming lessons at Camp Raquette lake! Leave for pre-camp on May 24th to do lifeguard and first aid training! Soooo excitied!! Anyone else flying out of Heathrow on that day for pre-camp?

by Patryk6347 » 03 May 2008, 02:24

hey!

I have just been placed at this camp. I am from Poland, I fly 25th june.

by Charlotte2194 » 22 Apr 2009, 21:13

heyy... im going to raquette lake too! as like a sailing counselor! its my first year doing this too! i fly from heathrow on the 18th of june! cant wait! ha x

Re: CAMP RAQUETTE LAKE anybody?

by catherine2305 » 02 Apr 2012, 18:09

Hey I am on the sailing staff for Raquette Lake Camp :D add me on facebook my name is Katie Gray and im from scotland :) im flying on the 14th June from Glasgow, so excited ! x