Visa appointment

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Visa appointment

by olivia2777 » 05 May 2015, 10:37

Hey guys, this has probably been asked somewhere but I cant find it. So I have my visa appointment tomorrow and I'm just wondering do they take the documents off you to keep? Also do you find out there and then if it all should be approved okay or do you have to wait for some kind of approval? Finally, what did people take as proof of return, I have my UCAS A12 letter thing and some form of uni letter and my student finance for 15/16 year letter, is this enough? :) any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! :)

Re: Visa appointment

by tahlia3311 » 05 May 2015, 11:08

I'm in Australia so a few things may be a little different,
they keep your passport and your ds2019 and send it back to you in the post with your visa in it. He didn't tell me i passed he just said "pay at the next desk" but they don't make you pay unless you've passed so that means you got it! lol. That should be good for proof of return - he didn't even look at any of my documents, but good to take them just incase!

by julia3984 » 05 May 2015, 11:47

Hey :)
I'm from germany so i only know how the procedure goes along here. I had to pay 160 $ before even getting the appointment. They just kept one of my document, but gave it back to me with the passport via mail.

The interview itself only took me 3 minutes!!.. my interviewer asked if i have family in the us, what city i am going to in the us and what i am doing after camp back in germany. but she didn't wanted to see any official documents like from uni / school which showed that i have to come back absolutaly. she then said "your visa has been approved". thats it =)

by julia3984 » 05 May 2015, 11:49

I think every interviewer is different, so just prepare for every scenario. don't leave any important doucments at home just because another camp america applicant didn't need to show them :)

by olivia2777 » 05 May 2015, 12:12

Thank you so much for both your replies :) hopefully it will all go okay! fingers crossed!

by elisha7389 » 31 May 2015, 20:26

This is just a question but I figured this was the best place for it!

-I have my visa interview coming up and I'm wondering if you have to send of your documents (passport etc) to them, or if you just take them to the interview? I know I've read about this somewhere but I can't seem to find it and i'm getting worried! :?
Thanks!

by victoria6066 » 31 May 2015, 23:23

Just take everything along with you :) I wasn't told outright "you have your visa approved" but the lady who did my interview said "You're gonna have a great summer, we're all done." so I sort of knew that everything was OK :)

They took my passport, DS2019 and I think my SEVIS receipt as well - got them all back in the post less than a week alter :)