Applications without a video?!

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Applications without a video?!

by rachel9392 » 14 Apr 2015, 19:35

Just wondering if it's still possible to get placed without having a video on your profile? I didn't originally do one but now I'm considering adding one to my profile to boost my chances of getting placed.

Any tips on how to put a short vid together I.e what to say/do?! :oops:

Re: Applications without a video?!

by aleksandra1087 » 14 Apr 2015, 19:44

I heard that in general video might raise your chances of getting placed however I have some friends who got placed even without it.

Last year I just put 1,5 minute movie withme talking a bit about myself (my background, experience, reasons to do CA) nothing too amazing but just to give potential camp director an idea who I am etc

by nicky5505 » 15 Apr 2015, 11:28

Videos aren't compulsory and you can still get placed without having a video on your profile. However, I did read that if you have a video on your Camp America profile, then Camp Directors can get a bit more of a feel for who you are, your personality etc... your application is essentially just text, whereas if you have a video as well, it shows off your personality.

When I got placed, my Camp Director stated that she had actually seen my video on my profile, so they do look at them.

I'd definitely do a quick video, only has to be a couple of minutes long, and just introduce yourself, what you do, why you're looking forward to camp and what you'd bring to their camp over summer, such as your skills etc. Hope that helps :)

by rachel9392 » 15 Apr 2015, 19:34

Thank you I'll try put one together this weekend :)