London embassy

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

London embassy

by lucy4491 » 17 Mar 2015, 13:35

Just a quick question: they didn't take my visa photos or even ask for them? Is this a big deal since everything was signed off etc. and they took my passport?? Thanks!

Re: London embassy

by emily8869 » 17 Mar 2015, 16:42

No it's not a problem, if you had a photo on your application they use that one.. You just have to take one a long incase! You'll have it back before you know it :D

by emma5712 » 23 Mar 2015, 23:04

Could i just ask has anyone else had problems with their visa delivery. My status on the tracker is saying 'Your item is available to collect from your chosen DX collection point.' so i have a feeling ive accidentally selected to pick it up from London which really wasn't what i wanted as i live a good five hours away! ( it cost enough in travel and hotels just to go down for the interview!) does anyone know if there's anyway i can change this and get it sent out to my home address instead. thanks in advance to anyone able to help me :D

by emma5712 » 23 Mar 2015, 23:04

Could i just ask has anyone else had problems with their visa delivery. My status on the tracker is saying 'Your item is available to collect from your chosen DX collection point.' so i have a feeling ive accidentally selected to pick it up from London which really wasn't what i wanted as i live a good five hours away! ( it cost enough in travel and hotels just to go down for the interview!) does anyone know if there's anyway i can change this and get it sent out to my home address instead. thanks in advance to anyone able to help me :D

by nicky5505 » 24 Mar 2015, 11:18

emma5712 wrote:Could i just ask has anyone else had problems with their visa delivery. My status on the tracker is saying 'Your item is available to collect from your chosen DX collection point.' so i have a feeling ive accidentally selected to pick it up from London which really wasn't what i wanted as i live a good five hours away! ( it cost enough in travel and hotels just to go down for the interview!) does anyone know if there's anyway i can change this and get it sent out to my home address instead. thanks in advance to anyone able to help me :D

When you booked your Visa appointment, you will have selected a delivery location for your Visa to be delivered to, then you go and pick it up. There are a number of locations around the UK where people's Visa and passports get dropped off who live around that area.

If you log into https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb you should be able to see where you selected for your Visa and Passport to be delivered to.