Application Video

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Application Video

by charlotte4438 » 29 May 2014, 23:02

Hi,

I am now ready to be placed with everything all cleared. I am placed in the RSG programme and really hoping to go.

I haven't got a video and I know that can boost your chances if going.
I feel stupid in doing a video even though I am very outgoing when doing things with children or young people or even in silly situations.

Would it be ok to through some pictures together which show my talents off and to talk about what and why I do these and what camp america can do for me and what I can do for them. Rather than a proper video?

Thanks Charleigh

Re: Application Video

by ann4430 » 30 May 2014, 08:33

Hi, I did a mixture, even if its just introducing yourself and saying "Hi" that's better because the camp will be able to see who you are better. For mine i cropped myself talking and then some pictures of me doing my activities. :) I hope everything goes well and you get placed, I was on RSG for months and got placed the day before yesterday, so camps are still looking for people :) GOOD LUCK

by hannah4546 » 30 May 2014, 12:46

Yeah, that's fine. I hate doing things like that so my video was a similar style - me talking about my skills and why I thought I'd be a good counsellor with some extra pictures to back it up. I put a bit of music over the pictures so I could do the talking bits in lots of different bits without it being obvious. I did a few takes of each section and chose the best one to include in the video.

Remember to keep it short - directors will be very busy at this time of year and will appreciate a video that is short but still shows your personality and your skills.

by lisa8962 » 30 May 2014, 16:20

I felt a bit silly doing my video also, I still feel like my whole personality doesn't come across... but at least a bit of it does. :)

I'm also still waiting to be placed. :)

Ann.. you mentioned you've been waiting months and just got placed. How long is months? I think I've been waiting since March. Quite nervous I won't get placed.

by ann4430 » 30 May 2014, 20:59

I was RTP in the beginning of February, went RSG in April, been waiting since then. But I found out about a camp from a friend, emailed them and they gave me an interview and offered me a place, problem was that they couldn't place me properly because another camp had me on hold and placed me also later that evening....Camps are still looking and I think a few might be a bit unorganised so just keep holding out and it will be worth it, and the silver lining is that you haven't had months of excitement, panic and spending lots of money on camp. I've only got until thursday before I fly, one week's notice! :O

Keep going and good luck :D camp america wouldn't have you on RSG if they weren't going to place you, they've paid all that money out for your visa and stuff, they don't want to loose money :)

by charlotte4438 » 01 Jun 2014, 00:11

Thanks guys,

I received an email on Friday offering me an interview, so I hope I will get placed very very soon :)

X

by stephanie6850 » 02 Jun 2014, 12:47

I'm going to make one to better my chances I think. My thinking is I can use it next year as well??? Or that I can at least make it better for next year, its going to be a bit rushed now:|