Everything sorted. Still waiting on Police Check.

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Everything sorted. Still waiting on Police Check.

by rosemary4894 » 14 May 2014, 20:16

So, I've received my DS2019 pack, attended a pre-departure meeting in Bristol, booked my Visa appointment and have all the correct paperwork.. EXCEPT THE POLICE CERTIFICATE.
It's driving me nuts. Is anyone else still waiting? Do we need these before we attend the Visa appointments? Does anyone know how long these actually take to process/sent to you? The tracking website says it's still in the first stage of being processed.. and it's been that way since the beginning of May.
Have sent 3 emails to different CA addresses, and a text to my interviewer - who is now actually out there in Michigan so I'm not sure how much she can help - and as you can probably tell, I'm beginning to stress ever so slightly. Any ideas or words of comfort would be massively appreciated.

Thaaaaaaaankyou

Re: Everything sorted. Still waiting on Police Check.

by hannah4546 » 14 May 2014, 23:26

You don't need the police check for your visa appointment. It's not one of the forms they ask to see on the day and you don't need it for the online form either.

My form also took ages to come back this year but I can't remember exactly how long. It's not something my camp asked to see last year but I was placed late and arrived in the middle of staff training so my paperwork wasn't dealt with at the same time as the other staff. Also CA already had a copy of the police check so I assume the camp had got the information they needed through CA.

If you've already contacted CA then there's not much else you can do. If you haven't had a response by tomorrow afternoon/evening, try contacting [email protected] - that's the person that emailed me when there was a problem with my form (I'd neglected to put my provisional driving licence number on the form and DBS contacted CA to get the number). You could also trying phoning CA but I'm not sure how much they'll be able to do.

If you haven't had your visa appointment yet I'm assuming you must have a while before you fly so don't panic - the form will probably arrive before you have to leave and in the mean time not having it shouldn't cause you any problems in obtaining your visa and getting things sorted.

I hope you get this sorted out and have a great summer :)

Hannah

by rosemary4894 » 14 May 2014, 23:39

Hannah thank you so much, that information has really helped me and hopefully anyone else in the same situation.

I'm actually on the RSG programme so I will keep my fingers crossed that it arrives before I get placed or thay Camp America receive a copy if I don't post them one first :)

Thanks again!
Rosie

by hannah4546 » 15 May 2014, 12:58

No problem :)

I don't think Camp America gets sent a copy of your police check any more (I know they did last year, but I had to post it myself this year) but I expect you can always scan the form in when it gets to you and email it to them if they need to see the form at really short notice.

I was on RSG last year - good luck with getting placed and I hope the waiting isn't too unbearable!