How many chances with RSG?

This forum is for all of your general chit chat and camp talk

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

How many chances with RSG?

by rachel4751 » 08 Jun 2015, 21:26

Hi all!

I've just been offered an interview with a camp and I am currently on the RSG position.
After researching the camp i'm not entirely sure if its for me, however I don't want to jeopardize an incredible opportunity, I already feel ashamed for feeling so selfish.

If I do take an interview does that mean that Camp America will stop trying to get other opportunities of placement for me?
(and vice versa, if I turn down the interview- which I most likely won't do, as I don't want to ruin an opportunity) will CA stop looking for placements for me?
I'm just wondering if its still possible for me to get other placements and interviews whilst waiting for this interview, or will my application be taken off the system temporarily?

I acknowledge how incredibly lucky I am to be in this position, i'm just not so sure..

Thanks guys!
Last edited by rachel4751 on 08 Jun 2015, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How many chances with RSG?

by joann7328 » 08 Jun 2015, 21:45

hi rachel

I was in the exact same boat and i had been placed without an interview. When i researched the camp it just wasn't for me and i phoned CA and declined the position.

I was on RSG at the time and i felt that if i didn't take that camp i wouldn't get anything else. However after i declined it i had a few more camp interviews and then i had one last friday and now I'm flying on wednesday!!!

So maybe tell the camp before the interview its not for you and maybe then your application will open up for other camps to see!!!

GOOD LUCK :D:D:D

by carly5329 » 08 Jun 2015, 22:08

If you guys don't mind me asking. Which camps went to you. I had this today and would like to look at other camps. I was offered an interview and it was for an office role. I didn't want it. Which camps spoke to you and I could maybe refer you guys of your after an office role.

by hayley8470 » 08 Jun 2015, 22:24

This happened to me last week. I feel absolutely terrible for not taking the position, but it did not feel right as I was required to do things that I didn't feel capable of doing. I don't think CA will stop looking for placements as we have paid for the opportunity :)

Joann thanks for putting your post on here, that gives me some hope :)

by rachel4751 » 08 Jun 2015, 22:30

Thank you for your replies guys, really appreciate it! Makes me feel less guilty

I'm still going to do the interview as I'm flattered to have been considered, and its not as if i've been placed yet.

Its a girl scouts and I guess I was hoping for more of a multi-sex environment!

I'm just wondering if its still possible for me to get other placements and interviews whilst waiting for this interview, or will my application be taken off the system temporarily?