Caxton FX card

This forum is for all of your general chit chat and camp talk

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Caxton FX card

by rebecca5963 » 11 May 2015, 00:24

Hi:)

I was just wondering if the Caxton FX card will be able to deposit checks (cheques) ?

My camp will be giving out the pocket money via checks/cheques and I'm wondering if I'll have to get a USA debit card for this.

Thanks,
Becky. :)

Re: Caxton FX card

by stephen1319 » 11 May 2015, 10:45

I don't really know if I am helping at all - I'm entirely unsure of this myself :P but from what I have seen, I think when we get cheques and etc, we take them to the bank and they give it back to us in cash. I think it's as simple as that. :) I guess we'd need ID, like our passport and etc but I suppose it's like asking for cashback in a shop maybe. Even if I am uncertain about that - I am certain that not everyone has set up an American bank account and therefore had a debit card so there must be another way this transaction happens. Also, some camps do allow you to cash the cheque in at the actual camp so I don't know if yours does this! I haven't really helped but maybe I have. I don't know. :mrgreen:

by emily8869 » 11 May 2015, 15:13

Your camp will take you to a bank to cash the cheques or you could go on your days off etc.. They just exchange them into cash for you there & then.. It's up to you if you don't mind carrying all that cash or you could look into setting up an American bank account or that, something you can ask your directors or the bank when you go :)

by rebecca5963 » 11 May 2015, 18:50

Thank you both! That has helped a lot since I didn't know much anyway.
:)

by rebecca5963 » 15 May 2015, 22:30

emily8869 wrote:Your camp will take you to a bank to cash the cheques or you could go on your days off etc.. They just exchange them into cash for you there & then.. It's up to you if you don't mind carrying all that cash or you could look into setting up an American bank account or that, something you can ask your directors or the bank when you go :)

Hi :)

I know this is silly and I should know it but when I am ordering my Caxton FX card, do I tick both money transfer and the currency card bit or just the currency card one and not the money transfer?

Thanks,
Becky.

by kate1096 » 09 Jun 2015, 22:21

Just to say i would avoid caxton, i used them last year and had a lot of trouble paying in shops and often taking money out. i ended up all but emptying it out of fear of not being able to get y money out. very temperamental.
i used the post office card on holiday early this year and its much much better. i'll be taking that this time. :)

by rebecca5963 » 09 Jun 2015, 22:40

Oh really? Oh no, I've already got one and put money on it
But yeah If I find somewhere for it I will definitely take the money out then