So I won't be going Camp this summer anymore

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

So I won't be going Camp this summer anymore

by yusuf1859 » 01 Jun 2013, 15:32

*sigh*

I've had the job offered since November everything was going great until it came to getting my visa. On the day the woman wouldn't issue me the visa and said I'd have to go through administrative processing which can take up to 90 days

Its June 1st and Im meant to fly out on the 12th and I still have no Visa.

I was just wondering do I get any of the money refunded back in this case or not?

Re: So I won't be going Camp this summer anymore

by lauren7537 » 01 Jun 2013, 16:11

Unfortunately I have a feeling but don't know 100 percent that you won't be able to get your money back as your visa is your responsibility. what a pain, bet you were devastated. can I ask what camp your at and what was your role as I'm on ready steady go and have my visa etc. I know it sounds cheeky asking but I'm really eager. I real feel for you. Was it a shock with the visa. Would you prefer my email to reply?

by lucy7283 » 02 Jun 2013, 08:33

But there is still time isn't there? Or have you told the camp you can't go? They might be prepared to wait for you!

by rebecca9260 » 02 Jun 2013, 11:34

Why wouldn't they issue the visa? Surely that would be the difference between a refund or not - whether it was your fault they couldn't issue it, or if it was some external circumstances.

by zipporah7567 » 02 Jun 2013, 22:01

I would definately email camp america about this and ask. I'm just surprised as I would imagine that if you got a position back in november, you would have had quite some time to get your visa... unless the visa thing isn't until around may/june? But, Im pretty sure it'll be ok. Just email/phone camp america and the camp you're going to - to explain your situation. Good luck, and im sorry you have to stress about this for now. :(