Visa, proof of return and getting passport back

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Visa, proof of return and getting passport back

by laura8994 » 05 May 2013, 18:09

Hi, my visa appointment is this wednesday (8th May), its been changed to an earlier one to work with camp dates and ive only had 6 days to get everything together!

For proof of return I have a letter accepting a uni PGCE course for september however, it doesnt say when, it just says 2013! They don't have a course start date yet! Will this be ok? I think I have a student finance letter somewhere too.

Also, is there any way we can request that the passport is sent back ASAP as i'm going on holiday on 17th and will need it back. When I rang CA about it and they arranged this date they said it would be fine as you get passports back in 5-7 days, is this right? I'm panicking a bit!!

Re: Visa, proof of return and getting passport back

by rebecca3082 » 05 May 2013, 18:16

You will be fine, they didnt even check my proof of return stuff and everyone else I spoke to said they didn't check theirs either. And from who I have spoke to they all got their visa's back in a week, I only had my appointment on thursday so havent got it back yet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by laura8994 » 05 May 2013, 18:19

Ok brilliant. I guess if i take a few bits relating to a course starting in 2013 i should be fine.

Its really the passport im most worried about as I will have to have it delivered by the 16th to fly on 17th! CA said it would be fine but its so tight i cant help but worry! How long were you in the embassy for?

by rebecca3082 » 06 May 2013, 12:56

I was in for about 20-30 minutes :) its really a simple process, I was so worried but I feel silly for worrying now as there really was no need
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by matthew1154 » 06 May 2013, 19:17

Yes, they're not that likely to check if you sound like you have a concrete plan for after the summer. Even if they do the letter should be fine as it clearly shows a commitment back here in the UK

Generally they get the passports for the J-days turned around fairly quickly, but there's no guarantee it'll be back by then - depends on how fast they process it, remembering the processing only happens working days. It'll be tight but you should be alright.

by christopher6614 » 19 May 2013, 12:56

I am a student at Glasgow University going into 4th year, but I don't have any letters from them stating a return to course?!?!?

And I can't find any of my parents bank statements, etc!

The only thing I can now use is the last resort letter written by myself, mentioned on the CampAmerica powerpoint for first time visa applicants visiting London, stating that I shall be returning home to the UK!

Has anyone done this before?

I'm really worried I will get rejected from my visa. :(

Can anyone offer advice please????

by clare9011 » 19 May 2013, 20:24

I was in the same position, I used to my Student Finance letter and printed off some term dates and they accepted that :) xox
Camp Tweedale, 2012, 2013