VISA 'Administrative Processing'

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

VISA 'Administrative Processing'

by yusuf1859 » 09 Apr 2013, 22:41

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering really if anyone else's VISA for Camp America was put into administrative processing on the day of their visit to the embassy?

They told me that they need to investigate me further (i'm harmless!) but I get its procedure so I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Just hope they don't take too long as I'm meant to fly out on the 12th June!

Re: VISA 'Administrative Processing'

by ibrahim1492 » 07 May 2013, 19:14

Hey!
Im not applying for camp this year, but i saw your post about administrative processing. I was in the same boat last year and it made me go crazy. My appt was in April and my admin processing was completed in when my camp started which was a week too late. I literally waited and waited and it never came. You just have to keep checking the website. To be honest, its funny how its happening to all people with muslim names/backgrounds. Just keep waiting, it might come, but prepare yourself if it doesn't.

by yusuf1859 » 08 May 2013, 00:41

ibrahim1492 wrote:Hey!
Im not applying for camp this year, but i saw your post about administrative processing. I was in the same boat last year and it made me go crazy. My appt was in April and my admin processing was completed in when my camp started which was a week too late. I literally waited and waited and it never came. You just have to keep checking the website. To be honest, its funny how its happening to all people with muslim names/backgrounds. Just keep waiting, it might come, but prepare yourself if it doesn't.

Ahh man that sucks so bad :(

Its so annoying how they have to do these extra checks but sigh.. such it life now i guess eh!

I have been phoning the CampAmerica office and they said to be patient but its hard to be patient when im in freakin' limbo!

I really hope and pray it comes through.. 5 weeks until the start date.. LET US PRAY! lol

by ibrahim1492 » 08 May 2013, 00:46

Haha yeah it does. Last year it came in July, my camp started in June. But fingers crossed you get it! Just speak to your camp, let them know that your waiting and they might hold on for you. Mine waited but it was still too late in the end, and i wasn't really prepared because I didnt know if i was going or not. If you need any more info just ask cos I've been through this all last year =[

by yusuf1859 » 08 May 2013, 09:39

ibrahim1492 wrote:Haha yeah it does. Last year it came in July, my camp started in June. But fingers crossed you get it! Just speak to your camp, let them know that your waiting and they might hold on for you. Mine waited but it was still too late in the end, and i wasn't really prepared because I didnt know if i was going or not. If you need any more info just ask cos I've been through this all last year =[

Thats SO unforunate.. like if they hurried up a bit you could of gone :( When in April did you have your visa appt? Ive spoken to some other people who have had admin processing too and they were able to go to camp in the end, seems like its just the luck of the draw.

Ive told the camp the situation and bless them they're waiting patiently for me to get this visa as they really want me to work with them.

Did anyone else you know have to go through this as well? And did they not get to go to camp because of it?