Application Video Won't Upload & Placement Worries

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Application Video Won't Upload & Placement Worries

by genevieve8471 » 08 Apr 2013, 23:35

I had been waiting for over a week for my application video to upload and it was still saying that it was 'Being Processed'. My interviewer couldn't see it or approve it, so none of the camps can see it. It was 30.7MB, so I figured it might be a size issue (although it was still well within the 50MB limit). To address this, I compressed it again down to 14.8MB, which really reduced the picture quality. I tried uploading it again, but it still says it is being processed. From what I've heard, it's nigh-on impossible to get a place without a video and since it is now so late, I'm really concerned about this. The earliest I can leave the UK is the 15th of June, which also reduces my employment possibilities. The video took me 2 solid days away from work to make, so this is quite frustrating too.

What I would like to know is how long it is supposed to take for videos to upload please? Also, do you realistically think that I will find a place for this summer (my advanced skills are Drama/Directing and Vocals, with Cycling and Swimming as my sports with moderate experience), despite my limitations and the time left until the camps open?

Thank you for your time!

Re: Application Video Won't Upload & Placement Worries

by rebecca3082 » 09 Apr 2013, 00:38

Hey, you are quite late in applying yes, but you have just a good a chance as anyone to be placed if your application is ready to be placed. I got placed without having a video as did a number of other people I know so its definitely not "nigh-on impossible" although as you spent so long on your video Im sure you will want to include it. Id suggest ringing CA and asking them, maybe it says processing because it needs to be approved by a CA staff member? That was the case with my references! I was waiting weeks and as soon as I rang to ask why they where still 'processing' it was because CA just needed to approve them!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by genevieve8471 » 09 Apr 2013, 00:55

Thank you for your reply, but my interviewer can't approve them because it tells her that my video is still being processed...

by lucy7283 » 09 Apr 2013, 18:16

Last year I was placed in June, with no video and started on the 15th so I wouldn't worry. You've still got loads of time!

by george2883 » 20 Apr 2013, 20:05

Genevieve, if you are really desperate I think I heard somewhere that you can upload it YouTube and ask CA to post the link as a a note on you application. Don't know if its possible but asking could be worth a shot :)

by rebecca8336 » 20 Apr 2013, 21:28

An issue for me was internet connection, I tried uploading it at home where we have wireless and it was taking forever! Then when I came back to Uni and used the internet in my halls its was super fast! So maybe look at getting a wired connection to your internet if you haven't already? Just a suggestion as wireless can be a lot slower sometimes :)

by laura3697 » 22 Apr 2013, 20:20

I heard people are just putting a link to there video on there about me part if that helps at all!
Good luck getting placed! x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]