Still not got my passport back... help..

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Re: Still not got my passport back... help..

by daniel4594 » 10 May 2012, 22:54

Yeah I'm headed down the east coast then I fly off to California to see my family on the 28th from washington.
You got anything planned?

by eleanor3052 » 10 May 2012, 22:57

Going to LA and Vagas with a girl I met at the Embassy last month, so random but we got on really well so why not, plus shes in MA too. Then going to Vermont as my mates got a house out there.

by daniel4594 » 10 May 2012, 23:04

Cool, I'm off to San Fransisco La and Vegas.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for LA btw.

by eleanor3052 » 10 May 2012, 23:42

what makes you say that?

by daniel4594 » 11 May 2012, 00:15

I've been there a few times now and lets say it's not how it's made out to be in the media, Hollywood is a typical rundown inner city suburb, there are plenty of homeless people, it's a pig to get around places if you don't own a car, gun crime is a norm, the weather aint that great.
But if your going to see all the touristy things like universal, Warner bros, Disney, some beaches, you'll have plenty to do to have a great week or so, its just when youve done it all you see behind the facade, New York has lost its gloss for me too.

Ooh, and the food is fantastic in LA btw.

P.S Boston is my favourite city in America, possibly in the world, it's like Europe, but with American sports, proper food and a good climate.

by Natalie9122 » 11 May 2012, 09:18

Thats funny I say exactly the same as Daniel!! I went over to L.A last summer and was so so dissapointed!! Its definitely not what the films make out and some parts are very run down and Ive never seen so many homeless people in all my life! I was honestly terrified everytime I left the hotel, definitely saw people with guns on the underground train! However the touristy things are super fun, disney, tour of Hollywood etc so stick to them! :-)
Also Boston is my favourite city in the whole world!! I love it there so much, I dont really see many people say that about Boston! :)

Previous