Anyone get their placement at recruitment fair?

If you are struggling with your application or just want to share your pearls of wisdom with others less fortunate post your message here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky

by Laura4261 » 20 Mar 2007, 22:27

Hey i got placed in the manchester fair in feb! i also had a list of bout 3 camps n got my first choice was so excited i only deceided the wk before that i was gonna go which was really good going to frenchwoods cant wait!!! i would also recommend the recruitment fairs to anyone considerin going cos ye sorted there and then which is a big relief plus ye have plenty more time to get REALLY excited about your camp :)

by Christine6873 » 23 Mar 2007, 18:57

I decided in Feb that I would go for campamerica when I saw the recruitment day advertised in the local paper.. within a week I was at the fair and after an hour looking around I got a place! The girls positions went so quickly! so I was extremly lucky...
Just got to sort the last bits out woo! So excited!
Anyone else at willoway, michigan?

by Stuart9379 » 24 Mar 2007, 00:49

hey ppl i went to the fair in london drove all the way from newcastle and so glad i did
i got placed at Kampus Kampers in florida 3 months in the sun been a counsellor its gonna be the best summer ever

by Samantha2176 » 03 Apr 2007, 19:33

It was quite funny actually, I saw an advert in College for CA, and then I spoke to my mate who was going, I registered that night, found out she was going to the recruitment fair in manchester 2 days after, I went down with her, and got placed on the day, so within three days I found out I was going :lol:

But I was the same as someone back up the page, I walked round for about an hour, and all the good places were gone, and I thought that was it! Then I saw the table for Camp Anne, and fancied a challenge, went to speak to the lad(half expecting the places to have gone anyway) ..
and then within ten mins he'd convinced me to go on that one!!

by Angela7306 » 03 Apr 2007, 20:43

i went to the edinburgh recruitment fair back in january, i had 3 camps i was interested in, and within an hour i was offered a job at my first choice camp as a general cousellor! :D :D :D

off to ESF summer camp in connecticut on the 15th june! i cant wait! 8)

for future reference i would 100 percent reccomend the recruitment fairs, i met the camp director and past cousellors from the camp. i also met a few ppl who got placed at the same time for my camp so we have already met which is great!

by Sonya3231 » 05 Apr 2007, 22:40

The camp i wanted to go 2 wasn't at the Belfast fair so I did'nt go 2 it I just contacted them by email... wish i had of went now!! :) still waiting for a placement! :(

by Rebecca1594 » 06 Apr 2007, 23:28

I went to the London 3rd March in Kensington, and It was the best decision I have made!

I took my dad along, so it would help reassure him aswell as me (The nigh before I started having doubts about the whole summer away). But going got me really enthustiastic again and made me fall in love with the idea.

It gave my parents reassurance, as I'm bad at relaying imformation, and I found a great placement, I went around alot of camps, My dad bless him is like sergeant major, and would reccomend camps to go to, as I only finish college on June 15th, it had to be later and I'm now going to camp golden slipper, pensylvania (sp?) on the 18th June!

Bex x

by Robert3826 » 13 Apr 2007, 22:49

cant believe you guys that went to manchester in feb!! i was there helping my director recruit and we only got a few people cos most of you want to work your asses of in kids camps instead of working in an 'adult' camp where we got it far, far, far easier!!

by Gordon2235 » 15 Apr 2007, 18:53

my first year i got placed at the directors fair in belfast...a shambles of a presentation of myself..lol mumbling everything i thought the director wanted to hear....

3 years later, im the one helping doing the interviews lol, and it is funny...!! alot more mumbling rabbits like me!

by Robert3826 » 15 Apr 2007, 20:27

its funny isnt it, to see what you were like at the start and how much you grow between fairs!
my director said she can tell the ones she wants to hire straight away, whether they mumble or not, cos the more responsible and fun ones kinda stand out. so i suppose it doesnt matter how much of a shambles we are cos everyones qualities must come through good :? lol

by John1191 » 16 Apr 2007, 17:32

hey guys! i was at the belfast fair! i only applied lk a week b4 the fair and i got placed at the fair straight away! it is deffinetly the best thing to do. it means u can return every year with ease if u want to!
check it out
yvan--eht--nioj.bebo.com

Recruitment fair

by Joy2942 » 24 Apr 2007, 22:30

Me too! I only applied to camp america about a week before the recruitment fair. I am terrible at interviews so it was way better than actually being interviewed!! Where are you going John?

xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Re: Recruitment fair

by John1191 » 25 Apr 2007, 11:39

Joy2942 wrote:Me too! I only applied to camp america about a week before the recruitment fair. I am terrible at interviews so it was way better than actually being interviewed!! Where are you going John?

xx

im headin to international gymnastics camp. goin on the 5th o may. am so excited!!!
check it out
yvan--eht--nioj.bebo.com

by Courtney-renee3271 » 16 Feb 2008, 11:51

I went to the Sydney Job fair which about a 4 hour drive from my home although the drive was worth it. i had looked at Frenchwoods website and had decided that was where i wanted to go. I was accepted! and i was the first person to be placed at the syd job fair.

I reccomend that this is one of the best ways to apply, because you can ask questions about the camp you will be at.

Courtney :wink:

Previous