Contradicting letter and email about Visas

If you are struggling with your application or just want to share your pearls of wisdom with others less fortunate post your message here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky

Contradicting letter and email about Visas

by Frances5378 » 22 May 2007, 22:58

I need Visa help again!

On my Email about the Visa Appt for Camp America it says stick photos to each form, but in the Visa pack it says i only need to stick it to one.

On the email it says staple all the forms together, but in my Visa Pack is says DONT staple them together.

Also on the email it says i need to print a support letter from CAD but i dont have one on their. I did get a letter in my Visa Mailing pack that i have to include with the visa- is that it?

What do i do?!

by Anna2605 » 23 May 2007, 00:40

I can only help you with part of your questions

On CAD - there should be something on your side menu bar ther should be an option entitled VISA - if you click on that you should be able to get either a letter saying that you have a G. place or if you are already placed then in option entitled PLACEMENT DETAILS there will be a letter there detailing your placement for you to print off.

As for the stickers I just stuck one on my passport and that was it.

I didn't staple any of the forms together and there wasn't anything said about it.

Hope that helps
A.K.A Smudge and CA forum addict!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Location: forumland - counting down until I enter CA forum addiction treatment center called Camp Chenoa

by Abigail0516 » 23 May 2007, 06:27

You only need the one photo. Glue it to the space on the form you printed off the embassy website. You don't need another one.

You can use the support letter you got in the mailing. It'll be the same as the one on CAD.

No, you don't have to staple forms.
Camp America interviewer

Camp Pisgah 2001-04
Camp Occoneechee 2005
Camp Sugar Pine 2006-07

by Emma0997 » 23 May 2007, 09:52

Once you get to the embassy if you're doing a j day the CA staff will makes sure your forms in the right order and tell you which to staple together. I stapled my photo on (as didn't have any glue) and the lady who did my interview just unstapled it and glued it on for me :D

Just take everything possible and they will sort you out!

by Joseph8467 » 23 May 2007, 12:49

remember to take the email from the embassy aswell

If you forgot anything on the day there is a chemist that does passport photos and the marriots hotel with net access if you need to print off any docs..

i am so bored at work i even drew a map...

Red: Marriots hotel = Internet and Printer £few
Purple: Chemist = Passport photos £5
Blue: Embassy = dont make any smart Banned Word jokes like i did.. gets u no where
Green: Park = mind the pikeys

by Rebecca1812 » 23 May 2007, 20:14

the letter we need from CAD im on ready steady go an dont have one what do I do?

by Chloe7955 » 23 May 2007, 20:19

Thats exactly what i was thinkin....(about the ready steady go option) please ne1? Ne ideas?
XxxxxxxxxxxxX

by Anna2605 » 23 May 2007, 20:48

I would suggest calling CA since they seem to be the fount of all knowledge that can't be provided here by other participants.
A.K.A Smudge and CA forum addict!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Location: forumland - counting down until I enter CA forum addiction treatment center called Camp Chenoa

by Rachel2100 » 23 May 2007, 22:36

No idea about the ready steady go option but basically I just took all the forms in the order camp america suggested but then had it changed by a camp america person when i got there anyway so seems to make no different, dont staple them thou as otherwise will b v difficult to change the order if its wrong when u get there, as said above glue the photo wheres its marked to go on the form u fil out online, and lastly the stickers i didnt even have one basically camp america when we got to the embassy gave those of us without stikcers stickers and made everyone else move their stickers from wherever they had put them to the back cover on the top left hand corner so if i were u thats where i wud stick it or otherwise just leave it and when u get there the camp america team will sort u out, dont worry about any of it if u're appointment is anything like mine u will wait outside for about 2 hrs b4 ur allowed in(wear warm clothing!!) and then when u get in there will b out again within 1/2 hr!(camp america team everywhere to help u once ur inside the embassy so dont worry if u dont no wat r meant to b doing etc) Only thing wud say is if ur on j day is v quick when ure in the embassy so listen carefully to the numbers they r calling so u dont miss ur slot @ the windows. (bit like argos can number --- come to window num ---) then u need to sit down again make sure u do do this as otherwise ur'll miss the most important bit althou camp america wont actually let u miss it anyway but afta a second waiting period varies in time depending on how difficult ur situation is(mine took bout 5 mins due to number of ppl) then r called a second time someone will ask u y ur going,where and wat ur doing and then shud say ur visa is fine and will b with u shortly in which case ur done! Simple!! If not the camp america ppl r on hand to help.
Hope it goes well,have fun!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]