Application Offers

Discuss all of your application issues here.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Nicky

Application Offers

by james2117 » 16 Nov 2011, 23:12

hii everyone,

My application went live approximately 8oclock 16th nov an hour later i received my first offer to camp carolina to my amazement...

the offer is the role of a golf instructor however my preferred role would be something that involves all sports...

im confused at my next move.. should i wait for a longer period of time in case more offers come in? should i negotiate for a role that i would prefer or would that potentially scare the offer away?

i will definetly be replying to the camp back thanking them for offer and possibly fill the application they have sent me

if anyone has any sort of advice or have been in the situation before i would be most appreciated of some feedback and help

thanks James

Re: Application Offers

by rebecca2068 » 17 Nov 2011, 02:54

Hey once a camp has contacted you it is likely that your application is on hold - did they email you or is the offer of placement on your camp america direct? Beccause if its just an email then I would take a look at their website and email them saying that you are very interested but is there the opportunity to be involved in other sports around camp. If its on your CAD then declining is a huge risk! Most camps seem to have like activities at nights where there might be sports and things so ull most likely be able to be involved in other spots too when your not instructing.

Hope that helps!

by james2117 » 17 Nov 2011, 15:02

thanks for the help rebecca, the offer has been sent directly through to my email i think.. if i look on my CAD there is no mention of an offer for placement and still says that my application is circulating...

in the email that was sent i was required to fill in another application form is this a normal procedure when a camp chooses you?

oh and congratz at getting placed rebecca :)

by liam3943 » 17 Nov 2011, 19:46

yeah, i had to fill out another form for my camp, just to agree to to the rules and regulations of the camp and camp property etc.

so i think this is standard procedure, my 3rd summer coming up!!!!!

by james2117 » 18 Nov 2011, 11:19

Thanks for the information liam..

Still very confused about how this process works, there is nothing that says I have received an offer on my CAD so I'm presuming my application is still circulating..

Another thing to the activity on the forums seems to be very low is this because it's still very early in the season?

by daniel5294 » 18 Nov 2011, 13:10

The forums are dead. My first time so not sure whether that's because its only November.

As for your application still circulating, don't be so sure. I received an email from a camp on the 24th October. Due to being out of the country, I didnt actually see the email till 11th November when I checked my emails for the first time. After seeing this email, I decide to ring the camp to tell them I'd love the interview and was just out the country. They were happy I rang and told me they had put me on reserve. This means they made my application invisible to every other camp until I rejected or accepted that job. On my Camp America application I was told it was still circulating, but it most definitely was not. Imagine I had missed that email, I would be sat here waiting for a camp to reply, while I wasn't even circulating anymore. Thats the bad thing about this procedure. I think you either have to decline or accept mate, or you wont get any other offers at all.

by james2117 » 18 Nov 2011, 14:24

Wow lol yeah very good job you did see that email... Thanks for the info pal it's annoying that CA don't give any information about this matter and even more annoying that you can't receive more than 1 offer at any given time allowing you to have a choice! Think I will decline this offer as my application has only been circulating for 1 hour!

Thanks again pal

by stacey8633 » 25 Nov 2011, 15:49

Hi :]
I'm exactly the same as you James :/
Got contacted by a camp a couple of days ago to arrange an initial interview – It's at an institute for gifted children aged 4-17. When I had a look round their website I automatically thought it wasn’t for me, as it seems the potential role would be assisting the teacher and doing academic work..Which is just not me :/
Anyway I have my phone interview this coming Monday so I will have more of an idea and it may turn out that I will be doing a lot more practical things :]

But I am a bit scared If i was to turn this down I wouldnt get another placement opportunity :((((

by james2117 » 29 Nov 2011, 00:20

Good luck in your phone interview I'm guessing you've had it now :) camp Carolina got in contact with me, I explained the situation and then understood so my application is again circulating.. And Ive still have opportunity to go cap Carolina if I wanted... So I'm guessing my advice would be just speak to the representatives :)

Also just sent some emails to some camps I like the look of, so hopefully something comes in :)

by stacey8633 » 29 Nov 2011, 07:55

Thank you :)
It was last night and the director was really nice :) he pretty much said the same as yours. That he understands if i want to view other camps to see what they have to offer :) - he said to contact him by end if dec/jan if i still want to accept :)

I have emailed a few camps as well :) - Let's hope we hear back from some if them :)