Left alone due to flight cancellation?

Start planning your travels! Discuss where you're going and who you're going with!

Moderators: Kerry, Nicky

Left alone due to flight cancellation?

by Alan » 27 Aug 2011, 20:30

Hey guys,

We've started this thread for participants to contact each other and perhaps get together, if you now find yourself alone in New York/elsewhere as a result of the cancellation of your flight...

It would certainly perhaps work out cheaper if accommodation costs could be shared among a group - rather than an individual and I'm sure those who are alone and potentially facing a few days wait for a new flight, may certainly appreciate the company.

Hopefully everyone is in good spirits and we hope to bring you information very soon on the airlines policy and practice for applicants who end up out of pocket, as a result of the cancellation of their flight.

In the meantime, we hope that you are all safe and well and hopefully your situation with be resolved, as soon as possible.

Camp America
Alan

Re: Left alone due to flight cancellation?

by Lara7134 » 27 Aug 2011, 20:43

Hi, I am stuck in central Manhattan and will be alone as of tomorrow. The next available flight is on the 8th September and would appreciate company/ ANY help in reorganising a flight/ different airline/ different airport as I really need to get home ASAP. I am running low on money also so sharing would be good!

Lara

by Kay6006 » 27 Aug 2011, 21:57

i have just been on the phone to virgin after being on hold for 2 hours, only for them to tell me that camp america has to rearrange my flight because they cant touch the booking, so i ring camp america and they say virgin has to change it what is going on, i need to get home!!!

by Olga3650 » 27 Aug 2011, 22:18

I am stuck in JFK airport, till 1 september. But i am glad I am not by myself, here is 2 more people from the camp, so if there is someone else in JFK you can find us in the tent by arcade machines:)))

by David2703 » 28 Aug 2011, 04:03

I'm arriving on the 3rd of september if anyone has a spare spot on the floor in a room for me.. =p

by Caireen6870 » 28 Aug 2011, 23:07

Im stuck in LA! Yes LA people coz continental dont know how to refuel somewhere else rather than newark. Ive managed to book another 2 nights in the hostel im staying in but if i dont get on my reserve flight tomorrow morning i may be sleeping in the airport till the next one. (coming from an airport who has daily flights to the uk and wont put me on another one)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Lara7134 » 29 Aug 2011, 01:57

I have managed to book onto another flight for tomorrow night. Thank you Camp America!!!!! You have been really helpful and have definitely helped me sort everything out!!!!! Thanks again!!!! :)

by Caireen6870 » 07 Sep 2011, 20:43

Hay guys! i didnt manage to get on that flight but a nice lady threw me on the flight after before anyone noticed there was actually 40 people on the stand by before me. I had to sleep in the airport at newark and stay there for 24 hours but i did manage to finally get home 5 days late lolz

Thank you camp america for trying to help me out and offering to save me if i managed to get ANYWHERE in the Uk. lolz.

hopefully next year there wont be any hurricanes.
[/url]

by Jane4305 » 09 Sep 2011, 05:56

Hey guys. So I'm all alone in NYC until the 15th of September. It was my first night here and I basically just sat in Times Square and cried. I'm in desperate need of a friend. This is no fun at all to do alone. I want to make the most of my time here and end this experience on a high. If anyone is going to be around the city and would like to hangout, please please send me a message. I'm really fun, I promise haha. I sound so desperate right now. New York is a scary place! Send me a message via fb. My name is Jane Anne Mccormick. Xxo

by Caireen6870 » 09 Sep 2011, 16:02

i feel so sorry for you jane. I hope you find someone, i have a friend from camp who is NY just now until the 15th. try add her on facebook. her name is rachel lockwood ( from bradford) and im sure she wouldnt mind a tag along whos lonely.

I know how you feel and i hope you find some fun before you come home xx
[/url]