Camp Timber Trails- Mass

Have you been placed? Here's your chance to meet people going to the same camp!

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky, Ian, admin

Camp Timber Trails- Mass

by Emily2725 » 14 Jun 2010, 17:11

Yay! I've just been placed here!!! Anyone else going?

Camp Timber Trails, Tolland, MA.

by Victoria9489 » 15 Jun 2010, 15:08

Anyone flying from Heathrow on sat 19th June? Flying to Newark...Camp Timber Trails, Tolland, MA.

by Emily2725 » 15 Jun 2010, 23:40

Hey Victoria. I am! So glad to have found someone else! Are you a general counsellor?

by Victoria9489 » 16 Jun 2010, 08:23

Yeah general counsellor
So r u on the same camp and flight as me then and if so what time do u check in to Heathrow on Saturday?
R u on facebook 2 chat? If so add me just search me Vicky Flaczynska

by Catriona4322 » 16 Jun 2010, 12:24

Hey, I am returning to this camp. Had an amazing summer last year. Wish I was u lot flying out soon. I am flying 1st July.

Can't wait see u soon 8)

by Victoria9489 » 16 Jun 2010, 19:52

hey
Great to see someone else heading to same camp!
Are you on facebook? add me 2 if u like.
So if you have been before maybe you could tell me a little about the camp and how easy it is to contact home from there, also should i bring a sleeping bag?
Are you planing to travel after camp?
Did you do any travel after camp last year, if so where?
Did try to search you profile 2 add you as a friend but no luck finding you.

by Emily2725 » 16 Jun 2010, 21:21

Yay more people! Yeah I'm a general counsellor too! yeh I think I am. It's the 4.20 from london heathrow to newark, check in time around 1.20pm. Have added you as a friend :)

by Catriona4322 » 16 Jun 2010, 22:18

Hey yep,
Sleeping bag is a must, and maybe a blanket it gets cold at night sometimes.
A hawaiin shirt, for the first two weeks as part of unifrom!!
beige shorts for uniform, which we have to wear when the kids arrive and go home
Bring waky clothes, we have waky taky day, the kids dress us on fridays and do are hair, lol not a pretty sight.
We get every sat off, and normally the camp director takes us off site, go the cinema, out for dinner, and we were lucky last yr, we went to six flags, amazing.
Bring loads of chocolate, american choc isn't great. I am also gona bring cup a soup for the meals i may not like.
Buy bug spray when you get there cause appar the stuff from boots doesn't work, rain coat cause when it rains , it is soooo heavy!
Yep, went to Miami with a few girls from the camp last yr, for ten days and then NY, it was soooo much fun. Summer of a life time. This yr I think the plan is LA, couple of girls that went to camp last yr are going bck, and some are already there.
It will be amazing. Are you on the camp's facebook page?

8)

by Catriona4322 » 16 Jun 2010, 22:21

sorry 4got, there are two computors in the office that we can use, when we are on break, though you may have to wait a while depending on who got to the office before you. But its gd, you can also buy phone cards, for the fone at camp, which is alot cheaper than using ur mobile when u need to ring home

by Emily2725 » 16 Jun 2010, 22:33

Thank you, this is really useful! LA sounds fab, really want to go there and NYC. Do you stay in hostels? Yes I am on the camps Facebook page. Is there any electricity in the cabins for hair dryers? I'm so excited now!! :D

by Catriona4322 » 16 Jun 2010, 22:50

Yep, hostels we managed to find good ones last yr! Yep we will do NYC to as we will all fly home from there. What date you fly back? I fly home the 2nd Sept. There is but the voltage is awful, so the hair dryer just makes a funny noise! lol, but am sure one of the americans will have one. There is a light bulb in the staff cabin where we sleep, no plugs, but the kids don't have a light buld in theirs! We have a staff cabin for time off, where we have a t.v, fridge, toilet, and plugs, to charge and try to blow dry the hiar and straighten it. It does work but really slow. Oh don't let the kids see you eating sweets, ect or with ur mobile as they are not allowed thiers or sweets. A tourch is a must, it gets soooo dark at nite. Make sure you bring old shoes as we go brooke stomping. We do are own washing and you can buy washing stuff when u get there. Make sure that you put all ur food stuff in the cabin that we use when on breaks, as we may have visitors, ie mice and bears, but I never cn the bear last yr! oh and the ants willlike attack the cabin, they did once last yr, one of the kids had food in the cabin.
It is awmazing, oh and dont worry sometimes it is very unorganised, just go with the flow and it will be fine.

by Emily2725 » 16 Jun 2010, 23:06

Great!! I fly home on the 30th August, so that gives me two weeks for travelling. But I was thinking of changing it before saturday to maybe the 1st september. Not sure whether to bring straightners or not, but my hair is quite long :? What is brook stomping? lol So we get saturdays off, do we get any breaks during the day? Unorganised is cool lol. Do we need to bring a lot of clothes?

by Catriona4322 » 16 Jun 2010, 23:28

well, last yr i brought mine and used then once! but still haven't decided.
Yes we get breaks can't remember exactly bot bot two hrs off a day, and tabs off at least once a week depending on how many leaders in the unit. Sweet u could travel with us, can't wait!
Well we can wash r clothes when ever we have a break, or day off, though be wraned we can't when there is thunder and we cant shower then either.
mmmm, well more t shirts than shorts and maybe the odd item that u will wear only after camp. Clothes dont get wrecked really.
Brook stomping, is walking up a shallow stream, climbing iver fallen branches, gd fun, but you get eaten alive by the bugs, aw well.

by Emily2725 » 16 Jun 2010, 23:39

That would be great to travel with you! Thanks for answering all the questions. Just wondering how much money do you think I will need? Brook stomping sound cool.

by Catriona4322 » 17 Jun 2010, 08:47

No probs, depends if you want to go shopping after camp. Accomdation last yr for the hostels was about $20 i think a nite cant really remember. Well last yr i took £300 in cash and then £500 on my visa, but i spent way toooo much last yr. Def not spending as much this yr.

Next