Harbor Hills - NJ

Have you been placed? Here's your chance to meet people going to the same camp!

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky, Ian, admin

Harbor Hills - NJ

by Charlie5444 » 13 Mar 2010, 20:40

Who is attending Harbor Hills day camp? if so get in contact with me!

by Mark3056 » 16 Mar 2010, 08:59

Hey Charlie,

Yeah I'm also going to the Harbour Hills camp, should be good hey! do you know when your start date is and stuff? and where abouts are you flying in from?

Cheers,
Mark

by Charlie5444 » 17 Mar 2010, 00:47

Mark3056 wrote:Hey Charlie,

Yeah I'm also going to the Harbour Hills camp, should be good hey! do you know when your start date is and stuff? and where abouts are you flying in from?

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Good to hear that you will be on the same camp as me. What job role are you undertaking? I am flying out 1st June so I guess I will start a couple of weeks after, How about you? Really cant wait to get going.

I am flying from Heathrow - London.

Regards
Charlie

by Mark3056 » 17 Mar 2010, 12:43

I think I'm just a general sport councellor, what about you? I'm waiting on final confirmation but I should be arriving on the 18th, the day before the orientation, just because I have exams and can't leave any earlier. Are yoy travelling around the US before hand if your getting there a couple of weeks earlier? I'm making plans to do this after for a few months.

I'm coming from Perth, Western Australia

Cheers,
Mark

by Charlie5444 » 17 Mar 2010, 14:09

Sounds Good. Primarily I think im Lifeguarding although I May well be trained to Swim Coach also. Im sure you will be fine, I had my Visa process yesterday which went smoothly so im pretty much set. Nah I anit travelling before, I am after for sure - I have been given a flight date of the 1st so it may well be due to job role?

I take your an Aussie? Do you follow cricket by anychance?

Regards
Charlie

by Mark3056 » 17 Mar 2010, 16:03

Yeah mate they wanted me to be a lifeguard/swim coach as well, but they send you guys somewhere to get qualified before the camp but I couldn't make it so just gonna be a normal councellor, hopefully I can still go for a dip when it gets a bit hot but.

Yeah I mainly follow the footy but I'm into the cricket as well, I'll have to try and teach the kids cricket instead of baseball but I doubt it will catch on. You been watchin the IPL, some dude got 100 of 37 the other day, so I watched the next game and he got out for a duck, just my luck ay.

So what date do you actually get to the camp, or do you go straight to training first?

Cheers,
Mark

by Charlie5444 » 17 Mar 2010, 17:50

That is probably why I have selected to fly out earlier I guess? earlier the better! I think we as co-workers can use the facilities when the kids have gone which will be a blast.

Cool - Don't supose you take too much attention to the Ashes series? the last 2 or 3 have been amazing! - Forgetting the one in 2006-07!! on a serious note, Nah I did not see that match, 20-20 form of the game is so compelling! you mentioned Football, I am a massive Banned Word FC Fan! who are your team?

I imagine I land on 2nd - due to timings!! and I guess I go into training? I dont know!! haha

Regards
Charlie

by Charlie5444 » 17 Mar 2010, 17:52

A rse Nal**

by Mark3056 » 18 Mar 2010, 01:55

You mean the 5-0 whitewash, I thought that was a pretty good series ha!
Sorry by footy I mean Aussie Rules football, I keep forgetting you guys called it football over there. I'm not really into soccer but my mum's from Manchester so I'm supposed to support Man City.

Yeah I think most of the staff will get there when you are, I think you can just catch a train from New York, but I really need to start looking into these things..

Cheers
Mark

by Charlie5444 » 18 Mar 2010, 12:16

Yeh unfortunatley.. We just Clasped and well Warne & Magrah did the rest with the ball and Ponting/Hayden destroyed us with the bat along with the others. One to Forget!!

Funny enough, I have seen Aussie Rules Football before. Combination of Football and Rugby mixed together hey?

Dont supose you have been in contact with anyone else who is going to the same resort?

Regards
Charlie

by Mark3056 » 19 Mar 2010, 04:33

nah havn't been in contact with anyone else, I got an email the other day from them so I just need to make sure I'm goin before I fill in my visa papers and book flight but hopefully all good..

by Bernadette9712 » 20 Mar 2010, 11:33

hey Charlie and Mark,
Im going to harbour hills aswell! I leave on the 3rd of June from australia, and get to camp on the 4th!! im from NSW in australia, and will be teaching swimming to kids!!! I love soccer, dont really have a premier league team that I follow, but i play in my local town!!! but am excited that AUSTRALIA is in the world cup '10!. Just hope we dnt get cheated again like lst time, still not over it and it was 4 yrs ago lol!!! am so excited cant wait to go!!! Did u know there is another forum, that i have joined aswell, which there are two other girls that are going.. emily from the UK and Alyia from adelaide!! oh so cant wait!! im so excited to meet u guys aswell... U can add me on facebook, Bernadette Bray.. oh this is so exciting!! how old r u guys... im 22.....

Cant wait to hear from you,
Regards, Bernadette

by Charlie5444 » 20 Mar 2010, 13:14

Hi Bernadette,

Thanks to get in touch - I fly out as of 1st June from London - UK so I am sure to meet you a day or so after I arrive. Just from my opening line, I am from Hertforshire in England just outside of London. I also will be swim coaching but also Lifeguard here and there. Glad that mentioned you follow soccer in England - I am a big A rse nal fan! and yeh its pleasing to see the Aussies are going to S.A. in the summer, we will see how well they do! what is the title to the other forum? as I can get involved with meeting the other people whom we will be working with! by all means, if you search Charlie Cook on Facebook, you can add me onit to. I am 21 years old!

Regards
Charlie

by Bernadette9712 » 20 Mar 2010, 13:31

hey the other forum is calld harbour hills too... prob just search harbor hills and it should come up! i would love to go to s premier league in england one day, and oh it sux about david beckham! thats devistating! I will def be watching as much as i can when im over there..... yeah we will be getting in around the same time, my b'day is actually the day day before i leace. I couldnt think of anyhting worse then spending 14 hours on a plane on my actual b'day, so im coming the day after!! I think its easier if u add me on FB,I just had a look and there is heaps of charlie cooks, and I dont want to add the wrong person!! thats kool that we will be doing the same thing!!its so weird, when u talk about the summer for the world cup, cause its actually our winter, ur summer.... we have just finished our summer here..... oh how exciting.. getting closer!!

Cheers, bernadette

by Mark3056 » 21 Mar 2010, 04:38

Ay Bernadetta
Good to hear other people are goin I think me n Charlie were abit worried for a bit. But what the hell? some of u guys have been placed since December, I only got placed like 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to confirm that I'm still goin. I won't be able to add you guys on facebook yet cause I think I'm the only person in the World that doesn't have it, I cancelled my account a while back cause I was gettin way to distracted at uni and never did any work when i was on the computers, It's addictive! I''l have to set one up soon, anyway I'm 21 from Perth and I'l be a Sports Councellor on camp, basically a dream job cause I love sports!
Cheers,
Mark

Next