YMCA Camp Edwards CA

Have you been placed? Here's your chance to meet people going to the same camp!

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky, Ian, admin

YMCA Camp Edwards CA

by Georgie9331 » 02 Mar 2010, 11:29

Anyone going to this camp and fly on the 13th of june from london??

by Jennifer4569 » 14 Mar 2010, 20:03

Hi!!

I am also going to this camp! Where are you from? Do you know what you are going to be doing there?

Xx

by Georgie9331 » 15 Mar 2010, 18:46

ahhhh thankgod! i finally found someone going to my camp!
im from birmingham first year at camp america rather excited!
im just a general counsellor nothing specific!
what about you? where are you from? do you no anyone else going?
xx

by Jennifer4569 » 15 Mar 2010, 20:44

Ah! Cool! I shall have someone on my flight!!
I'm doing arts and crafts this year! General cousellor is cool! When did you get placed? Yeh, I know a few people as I went to this camp last year but there's a lot of newbies this year too as its a new director than last year! So this is my second year doing camp america and my second year at this camp so if you have any questions you can fire away : )!!
You doing any travelling after camp? Xx

by Georgie9331 » 16 Mar 2010, 09:05

ahhh good so your flying from london too! i got place about 2/3 weeks ago now!
i havent heard anything off the camp themselves just Camp america allthough i did email them! ahh arts and crafts is cool too!
yor gonna regret saying that cuz i have millions of questions!
yeaahh i really wanna travel after camp did you do that last year? i hope other people do!
xx

by Jennifer4569 » 18 Mar 2010, 18:19

Yeh i will also be flying from London. I was speaking to the director and she was saying that she is going to be sending out a welcome pack in the next few weeks to everyone!
Ha! Nah, thats cool, you can fire away any you have!
Yeh, last year we got a car and just drove from California to New York - so seen everything in between, and had already seen Las Vegas ect on time off!! What would you want to see when your over there? xx

by Georgie9331 » 18 Mar 2010, 23:18

ahhhh mint il hopefully hear something soon then!
im trying to think of questions now but cant rele think of any!
was it that good that uwanted to go back this yearr? how hot is it? haha
ahhh as if u drove! thats mint ive been new york but wud like to go again! i wanna go las vegas for defo and then some of the beaches in california obv LA n that but otherwise just anywhere rele go with the flow!
where are you from again?
how long did u travel for? you wanna travel again?
xx

by Jennifer4569 » 21 Mar 2010, 23:33

Yeh it was really hot last year! The first maybe two weeks last year it was freezing tho... Seriously and i had only brought one hoody!! And then after that it started getting really hot!!
Yeh i'll probably do a bit travelling again after camp finishes!! Soo cheap to get about! Last year i just travelled for about 3 weeks after camp but thinking of staying longer this year!
How long you planning on staying in the US for? You got your visa date yet?
I know theres loads of really nice beaches in Cali, Las Vegas was amazing!!! xx

by Georgie9331 » 24 Mar 2010, 19:11

ah good im glad it was hot! i will pack a couple of hoodies aswell tho! not sure what im taking with me yet tho did you take a suitcase or like backpack thing?
I want to travel for about 3 weeks i think because i have got to get back for Uni and want to see my family before i leave again! is it cheap to travel? i dont rele no how much money to take with me at the moment got a bit saved! I wanna sky dive aswell! haha i was having a look into it but not sure where i wanna do it!
i havent got my Visa yet i may email soon as no alot of people have had theres! how many people went from the UK last year?
my flight changed the other day from the 13th to the 12th did yours? CA said its normal for it to change as they havent been confirmed yet!
I want to email the director of our camp on my CA direct it says Perry Mecate is it someone different now because i got no response when i tried to email!
sorry bout all the questions! haha xxx

by Annika0672 » 29 Mar 2010, 07:37

Hi!
I´m also going to camp edwads. It´s nice to finaly find someone else who are going there. I will fly from Copenhagen 13 th of June since I´m from Sweden.

by Georgie9331 » 01 Apr 2010, 18:20

hey annika, glad we have another person going to our camp! hope your ok? and excited!
Georgie x

by Jennifer4569 » 01 Apr 2010, 23:11

Last year i had like a holdall on wheels type thing... Prob just take the same again!! Yeh travellings pretty cheap... I spent a lot of my money on clothes last year tho! As a bit of a shopaholic!! Haha!! Your flight date will probably change a few times as mine did last year! I was supposed to be flying on the saturday and i ended up flying on the thursday!! We will probably be flying into LAX as well even tho mines did say something different! Not long to go now...the time is just flying in and i dont think i am at all organised!!! I never heard from that perry dude either it was always someone different! Have u heard anything now? Last year from the uK there was 3!! What are you doing from now until June then? You excited? Xx
Are you on facebook?

Hi Annika! Glad you are coming to camp too!! Do you know what your doing? xx

by Annika0672 » 03 Apr 2010, 11:59

I'm not really sure of what I will be doing but I applyed as swimteacher so I think that´s what I will do.
I´m also really excited it will be so fun. I don´t have any clue on what I will bring do any one else know??

by Georgie9331 » 05 Apr 2010, 16:27

yeahhh i got a holdall with wheels the other day its ok!
haha sounds goood to me! the shops good out ther?
mine says im flyin to NJ at the moment but ahh well will sort it out!
im not organised at all just sorting out all my visa stuff at the moment its not fun at all i have not bought any clothes or anything at the moment gota hand my notice to work and all that!
not heard anything from camp yet which is a bit worrying what uthink i shud do just wait? yeaaah im well excited reassured that im speaking to someone that nos wot ther doing aswell! haha
yeaaah on facebook who isnt? search for Georgie Linnett
my emails [email protected] if that helps!
xx

by Georgie9331 » 05 Apr 2010, 16:28

Annika! swim instructor is cool! theres a list of things you need to take on the website but thats about it really!
xx

Next