Camp Modin!

Have you been placed? Here's your chance to meet people going to the same camp!

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, Nicky, Ian, admin

by Ryan2445 » 12 May 2010, 22:00

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that! A night out in New Jersey it is then :p

Yeah I'm flying out from Heathrow, I'm on the 16.20 - is that your flight as well?

I've been in touch with a guy from camp America who spent time at Modin a few years, and he's given me some really cool information about surrounding areas and what to expect when I get to Modin.

Also on a seperate note did you get a Hepatitis B vaccination? I was quoted £90! So I contacted my Modin contact and he has informed I don't need it now, but I'm not sure! x

by Kimberley6561 » 12 May 2010, 22:11

It is indeed! I reckon a night out in new jersey could be a right experience...we'd suffer on the 7am bus though.
Ooh, share the info, I'd quite like to know what Maine's like, i'm just thinking it's gonna be like where i'm from...complete countryside.

I got my Hep B, i didn't have to pay for it though, my GP reckon you only really get it for work these days, but techincally that's the case, so they happily gave me mine.
x

by Ryan2445 » 12 May 2010, 23:39

Yeah he was saying it is really quiet, but let me in on a few places to go - he said an amazing experience!

I pretty much ran out of questions or just didn't know what to ask! If there's anything in particular you want to know, I can ask?

I tried getting it through my GP and apparently they've stop giving it out, and then my work wouldn't do it either - so I looked privately.

x

by Andrew7758 » 16 May 2010, 10:51

im on the fitness team aswel ryan, and i wud be well up for a night out but im not sure i'd be capable of getting on a bus a 7am th mornin after! was it ben u spoke to?

didnt it not say in one of the emails tht u dnt have to go out and get the jabs they just need to know wether u have had them or not?

has everyone had their orientation meeting yet??

by Daniel8772 » 17 May 2010, 00:51

If it helps, I too recieved the email, I havent had the injection either. Ive sent them a copy of my health form which says this, and they havent replied saying I need it, so all is good :)

And Im flying on the 16th from London. Cant wait!

Dan

by David0766 » 17 May 2010, 04:23

your flying to new jersey and getting the bus to portland at 7am?

i might be heading back to NYC on 16th any one travelling in the morning to portland from NYC to camp? up for a night out before hand and sleep on the bus till we get to camp if any one is up for it? 7 hours is a long bus ride might as well sleep

by Ryan2445 » 17 May 2010, 11:19

Hi Andrew,

Like David said we could sleep it off on the bus, we'll be fine! Yeah I've spoken to Ben, I think he's my contact for Modin. The guy who gave me all the info was just some general guy who now works for Camp America, but worked at Modin a few years ago.

Yeah I think I was panicking a little bit too much over that injection, after reading through Howard's email I realised I wouldn't need the Hep B jab.

I think I missed the London orientation meeting, so probably won't be able to fit one in now.

Does anyone know the weight allowance for our bags / cases?

by Andrew7758 » 18 May 2010, 09:23

yeah iv spoke to ben a cuple of times, iv just thought of another problem.... im not 21 til july!! haha

is ther anything that we need to take specifically for our role?

not sure of the weight allowance, emma knows, shes got her preparation organised like a military operation!!!

by Emma6274 » 18 May 2010, 22:06

Hahahaha! That made me laugh, im going to take that as a compliment cos i have NEVER been this organised in my life lol usually i leave everything to the last minute, forget something vital an arrive late haha! I do actually know its one bag up to 23kg lol :) but if you need any sporting stuff i think you get to check in an extra bag, but u'd probably have to arrange that in advance.

x x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by David0766 » 23 May 2010, 19:41

i have a 8kg bag! lol, just taking the basic and buying anything i forgot when im out their,

im flying tomorrow at 11am, if any one has any plans for NYC let me know would love to meet before hand, email me if you want to meet up:

[email protected]

i will return on 14th june to NYC so email me if you want to party before hand, might go to boston then if any one wants to join? let me know

looking forward to meeting you all at camp guys!

Dave Brett

Night out and bus to portland...

by Joanne7225 » 31 May 2010, 00:53

I am flying into newyork on the22nd and catching the bus to portland in the morning so willbe keen to meet up with camp modin people that night, i have bookedmy accomodation for the night right near thebus terminalso it is easy to get there in the morning, so i will be up for a night out.

by Emma6274 » 31 May 2010, 10:00

Hey! How come you've booked accomodation? CA book us into the Ramada don't they??! In fact I'm prety sure they do :?

x x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Joanne7225 » 01 Jun 2010, 00:33

Hey,
Yeah i had the ramada booked but then decided to stay closer to the bus station for the morning, because the ramada is about an hour out i think, maybe i should have came on here to see what everyone else was doing. Are you catching the 7am bus to portland in the morning of the 23rd? cos the bus im catching leaves from New York at 7 so thought i'd rather be close to there. It will only be a ten minute cab ride in the morning to get the bus. Is any one else doing the same sought of thing? p.s i am getting really excited....

by Ryan2445 » 02 Jun 2010, 10:31

I seriously can't wait. Has everyone privately booked the coach? I thought Modin was arranging it?

Maybe we should all arrange to meet somewhere at the airport? Like one of the bars? :D

x

by Kimberley6561 » 02 Jun 2010, 13:49

Yeah yeah let's do that...I have no idea what terminal 3 looks like or what's there etc so whoever does should just pick a bar and we'll all meet there.
What time are you all getting there? I haven't even thought this through yet...
I don't think Modin's arranging our greyhound bus, I think we have to and they pay us back for it as long as we keep the receipt...Has anyone got their ticket yet?
xx

PreviousNext