what do we pack? what are u taking ?

Got the wrong size find somebody else in the same situation and swap!

what do we pack? what are u taking ?

by Victoria2267 » 17 Apr 2009, 16:41

not to long now and was wondering what every1 is packing?
I have been told to travel light as will prob buy clothes out there.
Is any1 taking anything special? or maybe somethings that represents your town/city/country etc xx

by Kathryn7014 » 17 Apr 2009, 16:43

Have your camp sent you a packing list? If not they may do a kids one, have a look at that.

Other than that, there's on on teh CA participant zone.

I'm aiming to take about 1/2 to 2/3 of what I think I need and I'll buy more out there if it turns out I did need it.

What do you mean by something special? Just be careful not to take stuff you'd be really upset to loose or get broken as camp can be rough on your belongings. And def take something from home, kids will love to see it. I'm taking a Welsh flag, postcards and some other bits and peices.

Location: Newport- AKA the Board Room, CAFAC Headquarters. Management Consultant

by David8474 » 15 May 2010, 13:15

1)Socks, you really cannot have enough socks out in america
2)Carabiners, it's good to have about 2 or 3 as they really help as the summer goes
3)Flag, its always good to have a flag, and at my camp we had a flagpole which as everytime i could in the middle of the night i would raise mine on
4)bug spray (but you can probibly get that out there
5)some good quality string, not tons just like 4 or 5meters
6)a pack of cards, for downtime
7) and finally nailclippers (but make sure you pack them in your main luggage as i think the confiscate it if you take it on in hand luggage

those are all the things i wish i'd known to take first time, but weren't on the packing list, hope that helps