BEST TRIP OUT OF CAMP (WITH THE CAMPERS!)

Here's where you get to talk about the funniest, happiest and the momentous days of camp! What made your summer?

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps, admin, Rob

by Morag1389 » 09 Mar 2009, 00:58

the one and only place we took the campers on a day trip was to the zoo in dc!!! lol it was a really hot day and it was soo humid but it was a fun day!!! the only thing is about 30 mins before we were due to return to the bus to go back to camp i decided to take my group to go see the lions! the only thing is one of the kids dropped their bags in the cage!!! we were on top lookin down into the cage!! thankfully their was a zoo keeper nearby to get the bag back lol!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Rachel6079 » 27 Mar 2009, 22:57

Best trip was when I was UL and I got to take a group of 20 girls (aged 13-17) white water rafting. I'd never done it before and it was crazy cool!!! I also did rock climbing with the same girls and a high ropes course. Camp is great for new experiences for the girls, and the counsellors!
*Girl Scouts in the heart of Pennsylvania*
Counselor/Lifeguard -2008
Waterfront Director -2009

**Girls Scouts of the North West Great Lakes**
Waterfront Director -2010

by Victoria5666 » 27 Mar 2009, 23:10

White water rafting was mine, and that was in 2006, we drove 7 hours north of camp in rhode island to somehwere in maine, slept in a tent huddled up cos it was so cold compared to RI, got up at 6am to get kitted out and get the kids up etc and packed, ate breakfast and then we all went white water rafting. was sooo much fun, but a very long journey!

Previous