Camp Easter Seals, Nebraska

Discuss where you've been placed, what type of camp it is, where it is...EVERYTHING about your camp or resort.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps

Camp Easter Seals, Nebraska

by Megan9817 » 15 Jan 2009, 13:04

hi im Megan, been placed in Nebraska, camp Eagle. very excited...anyone with me?? :D :lol:

by Nadia6150 » 24 May 2010, 21:33

hiya, iv just been placed at camp easter seals in nebraska. did you do it last yr. if so how was it? is there anything that i need to know? thanks

by Megan9817 » 25 May 2010, 07:25

aww i am soo jealous, honestly i wud have been back this year only i cnt afford it!i am still in touch with everyone there, they are all lovely honestly ur lucky, the campers are amazing!its hard work but very enjoyable and the staff are soo helpful and make it fun!i took lots of bug spray, they are a pain, but the camp will have some anyway!nebraska is...well i didnt even know it existed but i had a ball!lol!u be leaving soon?honestly get excited it is great, im here if u want to know anything specific, but im excited for u!just one thing, the camp last year had no internet, which was a pain as i had no phone but hopefuly this is sorted and if not someone at camp will run u over to boyscott camp its 5 mins away u just gota ask!have a ball!!say hi to everyone there from me!
xx

by Nadia6150 » 25 May 2010, 08:20

thank you sooo much for replying. i noticed that no 1 else replyed to your thread asking whos going thats exactly the same as me. i havent found anyone on the forum or fb that is going to the same camp. did you meet any other ppl from the uk there? OMG im sooooooooo excited i guess im just a lil nervous. yup im leaving june 1st (1 week today, woooo). mike has sent me directions to camp... iv never been to the states befrore so its not the easiest thing in the world. are you from the uk if so did you find the camp ok?. im staying i the ramada hotel for 1 night before i go to nebraska, was that the same for you.

sorry for all the questions :) x

by Megan9817 » 25 May 2010, 18:17

yea no1 seems to be on this, if u ask mike is there any other international staff he will be able to send u there addresses,thats wat i did, there were 6 of us last year!the staff are great tho honestly i have only gud stuff to tell ya....u tell them i said that!haha!i wish i was going back, was until mike backed out of the arrangement!:(just watch him, he bullshits a bit...dnt tell them i said that, but he messed us around a bit last year, if u have any problems demand a meeting with him and get them sorted asap, but besides him u will have a blast,, hopefuly we taught him a lesson!haha!aw we got picked up by mike at airport,ada get 3 flights so landed the day before training! be hard gettin ur own way gud luck pet!the day ur flying out ul meet loads of camp america people, well headin to different camps but u mite get lucky!lol!aye im from n. ireland, i get lost in my backyard so wudnt count on my advice!lol!no worries honestly im happy to help, im excited for ya, this time last year i was sooo excited, just wish i was going with ya!if u wana check out some fotos im on facebook megan mc garvey, ive been tagged in em so they are in with everything im sorry, but u will no the camp ones!ur guna ava fab summer!u travelling after???
xxx

by Nadia6150 » 25 May 2010, 18:30

yup i gt a bit carried away and booked 2 trek america tours lol. soooooooooooooooooooo excited :). iv just done a test pack and iv managed to fit quite a bit in my back pack do its all good :). thank u so much i would love to see ur photos. iv just added u on fb. i hope i have the right person... blonde hair from belfast?? xx

by Megan9817 » 25 May 2010, 18:42

aww ul ava awesome time chick!!well i had to 50lb suitcases...not easy to travel with but i managed!lol!u found me alrite!Lol!yip and if i can help ya wi anytin else jus shout!xxx