camp courageous

Discuss where you've been placed, what type of camp it is, where it is...EVERYTHING about your camp or resort.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps

camp courageous

by Samantha1250 » 11 Jan 2008, 22:59

hey im sam, im 19 and this is my 1st time at camp. is any1 going 2 camp courageous special needs camp in ohio? im a counsellor there. b nice 2 hear if ne1 else is goin coz id like 2 feel dat ive met 1 person!! my flight is on 3rd june. :D

by Natalie9165 » 30 Jan 2008, 15:44

Hiya I'm Natalie, I got an e-mail last night from camp courageous and they have offered me a place! I'm so excited but don't really know what to do next? When did you find out about ur flight etc? Glad I found someone else on here who's goin!how u feelin about it? x

hey

by Samantha1250 » 30 Jan 2008, 21:54

wow wooohhooo how exciting. Well its all a bit confusin haha. i woz sposed to fly on 3rd of june but college informed me i cant go then because ill fail my course! so i contacted them and said that i cant go until 16th june, and they said i might not be able to go to camp courageous but they will see. when i checked today it has a new flight of 16th june and on my placement letter it still has camp courageous so im guessing they still want me and im still going. will have 2 confirm that though! im a chatterbox haha. Erm yeh i think it looks really nice ypuve got a good age range so activities and things will be different and lots of things to do there. i emailed the camp and accepted and then after i got congratulations youve been placed on my log in on camp america direct, and then i got offered a flight and accepted it. u shuld come camp courageous it looks wicked and we will know eachother lol. so have u got any experience with special needs? ive got a fair bit i am a care support worker for children and adults with special needs, part time and have worked in special needs schools and things. nehow ive wrote an essay!!! write bk luv sam xx

by Natalie9165 » 31 Jan 2008, 11:18

Oh yeah well it sounds like your definately still goin to camp courageous then if its on your placement letter. I hope so cos it doesn't look like theres any1 else goin!It looks ok doesn't it?think whatever camp u go 2 will ave a n amazin time though. Let me know as soon as you've heard anythin then. I am a support worker too been doin it for 2 and half years now I love it, only just started 1 day a week in a special needs school aswell. Lookin at the pics for camp courageous tho and it doesn't look like theres gona be loads of staff like some of the other camps so that might be why were the only two on here? You wanting to go travellin after sam? Oh my god it didn't sink in till I got that e-mail i really need to start saving! anyway now av wrote an essay aswell! speak soon natalie x :D

by Samantha1250 » 31 Jan 2008, 18:53

yeh it looks like they are american staff on there 2 duno how i guessed that haha. av u accepted to go 2 camp courageous now then? i emailed asking about the orientation coz thatll give info, they said theyll put me down to attend and send info nearer the time, think its in may its in london but seems good 2 go coz they can tell u everytink u need 2 no and prepare u. oh what a coincidence, i work for a charity called crossroads and take children out and do activities or stay indoors with them i really enjoy it. so where u from and how old r u? im 19 and from romford in essex. when r u going out there? erm not sure about the travelling thing not thought bout it coz i didnt no ne1 that woz goin and thought id wana get home 2 c parents and myy boyfriend! hehe. but if the offer comes up and i wana then maybe yeh. wot about u? reply bk wow anova essay its a trend xxx

by Natalie9165 » 01 Feb 2008, 11:47

Hey sam oh no i don't know wat to do now have been offered a place in another camp now aswell!It's in chigago and the guy rang up last night and told me loads about the camp so I know more than I do about camp courageous. It sounds gud because u get weekends off and go out into chigago. Not sure wat to do! I got the email off camp courageous but is it meant to come up on your page for you to accept it or not? Am not good with decisions at all been askin people and there like oh whatever u think! I did want to go travelling probably only for about 2 weeks though cos am also abandoning my boyfriend for the summer! U heard anything esle yet? x

by Samantha1250 » 01 Feb 2008, 16:22

hey oh no wot a decision 2 make?! erm i duno wot 2 say realli its entirely up 2 u aint it. i wana find more out bout camp courageous 2 but i tink it gona b pretty much the same wherever u go ur gone av a good experience. yeh id like 2 go travelling but wuldnt go on me own haha. yeh wen u go on camp america direct in ur log in it says 2 accept the placement and u either accept or decline the placement. obviously be gr8 4 us 2 be 2geva but its up 2 u what u wana do. oh yeh i got my visa and j-1 info dis mornin an looked at it an its soooo confusing haha. write bk xxxx

by Samantha1250 » 08 Feb 2008, 16:47

hey natalie. its all a bit confusing. im no longer going to camp courageous because i had 2 change my flight it means i would b arrivin l8r than every1 else and i spoke 2 camp director and he said it wuld cause 2 many problems. it still says camp courageous on my thing but im guessing sumwhere else will have to choose me now. hows it all going with u what did u decide? xx

by Victoria2267 » 09 May 2009, 19:17

heya both just been looking through the forums
im going to camp corageous ohio flying 3rd june!!!! 26 days arrggghhhh not long so excited
what are your flight dates?
speak soon xxx