Missing camp?

For everyone that took part in CA in summer '07 - keep the summer vibe alive people!!!

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps

by Anna2605 » 08 Nov 2007, 15:23

I think they did think that I should get a "proper job" but they never really said why. When I had told my gran that my friend wanted me to go to camp you would have thought that I told her something completely different. She is a 90 year old, catholic with very conservative views and the reaction to being told that my friend wanted me to go back to camp you would have thought that I had told her that NB wanted me to go over so that we could elope and have a lesbian marriage - the funniest thing is that isn't even my inclination. But after that response I decided that she didn't need to know.
A.K.A Smudge and CA forum addict!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Location: forumland - counting down until I enter CA forum addiction treatment center called Camp Chenoa

by Sarah4810 » 09 Nov 2007, 11:38

Wow yeah, that sounds like she's probably better off not knowing! That's so funny that she reacted like that. I'm glad that she hasn't stopped you from going to camp though!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Anna2605 » 09 Nov 2007, 21:12

Yeap - cos I had an amazing summer - much better than I would have had if I had stayed at home. Unfortunately people don't seem to understand how much hard work camp is, or how much fun it can be, or how wonderful it is to be able to touch the life of a child.
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Location: forumland - counting down until I enter CA forum addiction treatment center called Camp Chenoa

by Sarah4810 » 20 Nov 2007, 20:15

ANNA!

My Camp America direct page has changed! I thought I'd share this with you as I know you'll understand just quite how excited I am :)

I hope your page has changed too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by Anna2605 » 21 Nov 2007, 01:58

Yeah.

My page has changed too.

It is starting to feel like things are moving forward for next summer.
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

by Martin4129 » 26 Nov 2007, 21:32

Oh no Anna I have the feeling its gonna be me and you posting loads all over again! lol!

At the end of camp we were all given staff T-Shirts that said on the back Camp Staff - Missing Camp 10 months out of the year .... I keep wearing it in Uni and you no what I am missing it .... I might stop talking to everyone about America soon .... doubt it though lol!
54th Member of the Forum!
CA Interviewer in the North
Marty Computers, NJY Camps Lake Como and Milford

by Anna2605 » 26 Nov 2007, 22:38

Sounds like a cool shirt - our end of summer gift was a pillow case that had a count down of 10 things that we do in camp - I use it constantly. I have to say that I really do miss camp. My local guides are in the process of raising money for a new activity center in my town and they were looking for ideas for ways to use it other than for Guide camps. Strangely enough I suggested running a summer camp, and when we were talking about why camp was so important of course I had to talk about my camp experiences. I dont think I have stopped talking about camp, in fact I must confess that I have been problems converting back to pounds and when we were talking in Brownies tonight about stranger danger and the girls were asked what number to call if they wanted to call the police and I said 911 not 999 oooops luckily the girls didn't hear me.
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Heck yes I miss camp allegheny pittsburgh pa

by Ariike8864 » 01 Feb 2008, 04:37

I miss everything about camp, da kids The staff, the going to wall marts and banks to change ur money and by food, goign to k marts, double j's, I miss everything about camp, been woking up @ lane duty by ma camp director and to be da 1st international staff to be givin early curfew so ervyone started calling me EC....LOL...I miss camp so much da in door activities when it rained.....da ducks that pooed every where da frogs dat made noise @ camp...omg I miss it cant wait to go bk june 13th 2008 Ias soon as I got bk from camp last yr august 16th 2007 I applied staright away in september 2007 and got excpted straight away... I paid everything, so I dont owe camp nothing I just have to get my visa, then I am all set..Oh yeah can' wait its going to be my second yr....its going to be fun what new internationals they have as I was the only black girl from london out of the internationals so they were asking me about the slang in london it was fun teaching them new fings and learning new fings..I miss camp cant wait I really cant....

Oh and the sun and camp songs...da best ever.... movie night......flag raising...memory versies....girl and boys swimnight heavy times heavy times

by Anna2605 » 01 Feb 2008, 19:21

I applied within a few days of getting home. I spoke to my director yesterday - it kinda makes it all real!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

by Victoria5666 » 01 Feb 2008, 19:31

hurry up camp. i wish i could jsut skip all my coursework and exams and go now!!

by Martin4129 » 01 Feb 2008, 19:49

yeah i am sick of coursework just thinking about Sunny PA .... thats if it is as sunny as my first year.

by Anna2605 » 01 Feb 2008, 19:56

It is the thought of sunny NH that is getting me through these stormy cold, wet and grey days when my SAD is soo bad!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

by Martin4129 » 01 Feb 2008, 20:11

Is it me or after two years on the forum have I got tired of writing PA out in full? lol!

by Anna2605 » 01 Feb 2008, 20:16

I haven't writen NH out in full in a very long time!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

by Ariike8864 » 03 Feb 2008, 22:44

I want to go camp now I wish ma camp started in may but nooooooooo it had to start in june damn it lol....hurry up camp allegheny pittsburgh pa

PreviousNext