HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Now that you are at camp, how are you settling in? If there are any stories you want to share with your fellow forum users, here is the place to post them.

Moderators: Katy, Kerry, Deeps

HOW DO YOU FEEL?

by deborah » 10 Aug 2007, 17:40

Now that you are all approaching the end of camp (some of you might already have passed that point, in fact!) how are you feeling?
Deborah (CAMP AMERICA INTERVIEWER).

by Sarah4810 » 10 Aug 2007, 19:29

Depressed! Oh my gosh I love camp so much I really don't want to leave what so ever. Camp has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life and the people I've met are incredible. I'm sad because seeing as I'm the only international staff at camp I might not ever see some of these people again, which is the worst feeling in the world. One of the girls left today and it was just this sinking feeling that I realised that we all have to leave on Sunday.

Sarah
Camp Merri-Mac

by deborah » 11 Aug 2007, 04:48

Inspiring to hear you've had such a fantastic time!

8) 8)

by Samantha5618 » 12 Aug 2007, 04:43

it's a strange feeling this year i'm kind of saying good bye for maybe the last time and it's kind of strange and soo hard i carn't think what it would be like waking up next summer and not being at camp, and this is really my last week couse i'm out backpacking all next week and i come back on thte last day which sucks so i come back to goodbyes.
Camp is Magic

Camp Winacka / Whispering oaks

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

by deborah » 12 Aug 2007, 10:24

So, does the 'real world' beckon, Samantha? I know lots of people who've thought they were in that situation, and yet they seem to end up at camp year after year!....

Anyway, even if it definitely is your last year, it sounds as if you've certainly made the most of the experience and you've got all your memories (and presumably photos) to look back on!

Are you travelling afterwards?

8)

by Rebecca1594 » 13 Aug 2007, 22:00

Ouch the "real world" involves me finding a full time job in Childcare now I have passed my exams!

I'm going to New York for 4 days before I travel home.

Love
Bex x
[/url]

by David6451 » 07 Sep 2007, 01:18

I've been back home now for about 3 weeks I think getting ready for college to start again and I miss everything about camp sooooo much the people, the surroundings, my camp director, the memories, the kids waking up at 3am cause they miss mummy, the same and constant questions lol, the activites, the good times, the bad times, the camp romances, the golf carts!!! hehehe, having something new and exciting to deal with everyday, having something to do everyday, growing up, maturing as a young adult, camp pranks, camp songs and camp traditions.
Camp for me has been amazing I've learnt so much about myself and I've matured so much in just two months it's amazing I just wish I could get my friends envolved cause I want them to have to memories I have and meet the kind of people I've met Camp America is amazing there aren't any words to describe it it really was the summer of a lifetime and I can't wait for next to come so I can do it all over again

by Anna2605 » 07 Sep 2007, 02:57

Camp is finally over for me - it was about 2 weeks ago but then I went beck for the weekend to work, and then went camping last weekend (at a pow wow) and will be going again this weekend - to a girl scout training weekend so I will get a small insight into what it is like to be the camper rather than the counsellor.

I am really sad that camp is over but there is always next year and I have plenty of memories to last me, and it isn't that expensive to call the USA these days so I feel like I will be making lots of phone calls but the sooner I get home the sooner I can start the application process for next year.
A.K.A Smudge and CA forum addict!
Camp Chenoa Rocks!

Location: forumland - counting down until I enter CA forum addiction treatment center called Camp Chenoa

by deborah » 07 Sep 2007, 23:29

Great to see this thread back in action!!

Hopefully, as more people return home, they will have a bit of time to post their opinions! :D

Camp After life/ The Real World

by Ariike8864 » 11 Sep 2007, 01:39

Camp Allegheny in pittsburgh was the ebst camp ever I made some of the closest friends impossable, I love them all and miss them Thank God for facebook and myspace I dont know how I would keep in touch with them...I am so glad I did this has I am already signing up for next year,I'll be makin ma next payment very soon YAY for campAmerica YAY...but I must say getting bag to the "Real World" feels really strange not waking up to a bunch of laughin and screaming kids going to flag raising in the morining eating breakfast,lunch && dinner with them doing village leader time at 6.30 every time...going on wall mart trips with my mates on our breaks going to different areas on de long break seeing the baseball game for the 1st time I swear this was one of the best things I've ever done && I thank camp america so much....Will do it again next year and go bk to the same camp to yippy FOR CAMP ALLEGHENY PITTSBURGH XXX

by Angela7306 » 11 Sep 2007, 12:27

i hate being back home! i loved camp so much! its nice to be home to see my friends and family but apart from that i wish i was still there!!! my kids and the staff UK and US were amazing had the best summer ever with these ppl! cant wiat to go back next year!
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url][img]

CA Interviewer - North East England
2007-2012 - ESF Summer Camp

by deborah » 11 Sep 2007, 19:02

I know! It does take some time to get used to being back at home and to getting back into your normal routine! :(

At least these days you've got MySpace etc. and online photos/videos etc. to remember things by and keep in touch easily!

I had to make do with 'real' photos and letters sent in the post after I came back from camp!.... :cry:

by Sarah1688 » 05 Oct 2008, 22:52

I've had an amazing time at camp, it was the best summer EVER lol, i've learnt so many new skills gained qualifications and got great work experince and met some ace people, i've already applied to go back to the same camp next year, and i miss it sooooooo much it felt like a home from home, so now i'm counting down the days again roll on June 09 :D
[/url]