What You Get
At Camp America we reward you based on your skills and experience. The more you bring to the party, the more we can reward you - so check out our pocket money table below as a guide.
Applicants should note however that the Camp America programme is focused on providing you with a unique & cultural experience, not a monthly salary - so we call the money you are given after camp 'pocket money'. This is further supported by the fact that the visa you receive is Cultural Exchange visa and not a working visa. So, if your sole motivation is to make money this summer then the Camp America programme is not for you!
What else do I get as part of the Camp America package?
- Meet and greet with a Camp America interviewer to discuss why you're applying
- Placement at one of the hundreds of summer camps we work with
- Return flights from your home country to New York
- 1 nights stay at our arrivals hotel (if flying into New York)
- All food and accommodation for 9 weeks (and in most cases laundry)
- Medical insurance (covering you during and after camp)
- J-1 visa sponsorship (Camp America are a designated visa sponsor)
- 30 days travel time
- Exclusive partner offers (including Camp America Treks & GET Australia)
- Access to training opportunities (including Lifeguarding & Youth Leadership course)
- Opportunity to attend the biggest recruitment events in the summer camp industry
- Group 'Orientation' before departure (to prepare for life at summer camp)
- 24/7 customer support (from local and US-based office)
What's not included?
- Return travel costs to New York after camp (these are the responsibility of the applicant)
The rates below are based on which programme you choose and also on your skills and experience. Advanced skill pocket money is based on qualification and competitive experience in a specific area.
Choose your country of departure:
|Role||Pocket Money (USD$)|
|Counsellor - Standard||USD $600 - $850|
|Advanced Skills Counsellor||USD $700 - $950|
|Counsellor - Special Needs||USD $700 - $950|